Wines and Spirits | Things to do in Santo Tomas-Batangas
|Address:||Gov. Malvar street, Poblacion 1 (Cityhall, beside Malvar Shrine), Santo Tomas, Batangas|
The dragon fruit, also known as the strawberry pear, is a unique-looking fruit that's jampacked with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Laviene Dragon Fruit Wine by Mr. Ben Manila is fermented to provide rich flavor without compromising the fruit's nutritional benefits. It is one of the best tasting fruit wines and it comes in 2 variants: Honey Wine and Premium.
One of the pioneer stops in Sto. Tomas Batangas is Rose and Grace. It is known as the home of Batangas Bulalo and is well-loved by the locals and tourists alike. Nanay Conching established the restaurant in 1976 and since then has expanded its operations to Sta. Rosa, Laguna where the second branch is located. What makes Rose and Grace Bulalo so special is that the beef is so tender, it falls easily off the bone. Another is the taste of the soup and meat- you can tell that it was simmered for hours from how savory it is. It is also this long, slow dance of ingredients while ablaze on the stove that gives it its rich texture. However, that’s not all that you can find at Rose and Grace. They also serve a myriad of Filipino dishes like Crispy Tawilis, Pinangat na Tambakol, and Caldereta to name a few.
Tanauan’s Ice Cream makers go above and beyond by getting creative with local flavors and ingredients— specifically Bulalo. Think of the flavoursome beef shank and the equally tasty soup served cold. Once your senses have gotten over the shock of wether you are eating dinner or dessert, you’re sure to get hooked with this unusual way of serving Bulalo.
Things to do nearby
- Take a quick trip to one of the most popular daytrip destination for locals, the picturesque city of Tagaytay
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the serene Taal Lake and Taal Volcano from the top of the mountain
- See the Gingerbread House, Sonya's Garden, Mahoogany Market, Good Shepherd, Picnic Grove and more!
- Enjoy a local specialty called Bulalo made by cooking beef shanks and marrow bones in a tasty broth
- Experience a hassle-free journey in an air-conditioned bus and learn about the city from your guide
- Bring your friends and family for an amazing experience filled with magic, fun, and laughter at the Enchanted Kingdom!
- Wander around the park’s seven themed zones and experience over 20 attractions
- Gain access to a variety of world-class themed zones from family-friendly to exhilarating and extreme rides
- Prepare for a magical ride with the Agila, the first flight simulation ride displaying the wonders of the Philippines
Where to stay
Established as the first company-managed hotel in the town proper of Sto. Tomas, Batangas in July 31, 2014, NDN Grand Hotel aims to provide a stylish, cosy and affordable accomodation to clients within and around the town. Also, to provide excellent service accommodation to different national and international companies sorrounding areas of CALABARZON. There are 62 rooms, 2 full size function halls, 1 company meeting room, a cafeteria, a restaurant, a fitness gym and a swimming pool complemented with 2 gazebos. As our acclaimed hotel continues to grow we remain to offers delectable food made with fresh local products, fine wines, comfortable and relaxing sorroundings coupled with genuine welcoming approach and highly accomodating NDN personnel.
A boutique hotel for business and staycation
Overlooking the majestic Mount Makiling in the lush province of Batangas is its gateway, the town of Santo Tomas. A respite from the bustling city life, but still with the luxurious comforts of home, PLUMERIA HOTEL offers deluxe accommodations year-round for single or double occupancy, for corporate visitors, tourists, or families who seek a relaxing staycation over a weekend.
Unwind and get close to nature at this resort in Pres Laurel Hiway , San Roque Sto Tomas, Batangas. This place invites you to take a breather away from the hustle and bustle of the city, while still offering you the basic amenities you need. Whether you’re looking for a new adventure, in a new town or a quiet respite from your busy schedule, this relaxing getaway has you covered.
Getting there and around
Gov. Malvar street, Poblacion 1 (Cityhall, beside Malvar Shrine), Santo Tomas, BatangasGet directions