La Mesa Nature Reserve (Watershed) | Things to do in Quezon City-Metro Manila
|Open:||Requires reservation (02) 938-2540|
|Address:||Novaliches, Quezon City, Metro Manila|
La Mesa Ecopark is a wild jungle carved into a forested recreation park in 2004. Inside, the park features towering trees, botanical gardens, camping grounds, educational facilities, and several sport activities. La Mesa Ecopark is open for walking, running, biking, birdwatching, and family picnics, with only a P50 entrance fee per day. For those who are willing to shell out more than the entrance fee, there are many activities to choose from, such as horseback riding (P50), fishing (P30), paintball (P350), swimming (P80), biking (P60), butterfly trailing (P60), and tree walking (P500/group). La Mesa Ecopark is owned and managed by Bantay Kalikasan, a project of ABS-CBN Foundation, Inc. The 33-hectare park is just the tip of the iceberg that makes up the 2,700-hectare La Mesa Nature Reserve, which protects La Mesa Dam, Metro Manila’s chief water reservoir.
This is the old house of the illustrious son, the 1st Senate President and 1st Mayor of Montalban Senate President Eulogio “Amang” Rodriguez Sr.
It is one of the highlights of the Araw ng Montalban Celebration. This festival pays tribute to the heroes who went and contemplated in the cave of Pamitinan led by Andres Bonifacio for Philippine Independence.
Things to do nearby
- See and understand Paoay and the Ilocos region through the eyes of BJ Esposo Guerrero, the published writer, culture and history buff, story-teller par excellence, and well-travelled Ilocano behind “Theberntraveler” in social media, and his associates.
- His carefully designed tours are unique, giving visitors of Ilocos a genuine and almost-expert look at everything to be learned in the north, from architecture, local history, cultural heritage and the arts, and even food!
- Don’t miss his tons of interesting trivia and sharp witted commentaries – he has appeared on TV as well! All you get from his tours are real, un-sugarcoated, fun(ny), and straight-from-a-local experiences and insights you can surely boast of!
- Take advantage of the sights of Marikina City, the Shoe Capital of the Philippines.
- Visit several museums; including the Marikina Shoe Museum that holds the largest collection of shoes in the country, Book cum Ethnology Museum and more.
- Spend the day at this interesting city of history and pop and take home custom-designed shoes specially made by Marikina Shoe Artisans and Shoe Designers.
Learn the basics of archery and get to grips with unlimited arrows. DMZ Archery Range opened it's doors to the public on October 29, 2016 with a record breaking price of P199/hr, which was the cheapest rate for any archery range in the country. It was initially designed to cater friends and fellow archers who has the same passion as the owners.
Where to stay
Strategically Located at Block 114 Lot 5, Barangay Greater Lagro, Regalado Avenue, Quezon City, this hotel is a great choice for all types of travelers seeking comfortable accommodations. It has clean interiors, quality facilities, and amenities that guarantee a memorable stay.
Located at 35 Susano Road, Novaliches Proper, Quezon City, this hotel is a great choice for all types of travelers seeking comfortable accommodations. It has clean interiors, quality facilities, and amenities that guarantee a memorable stay.
Nestled peacefully outside the metropolis, Ciudad Christhia Resort 9 Waves invites you to enter a paradise filled with natural scenic landscapes and fun-filled recreational facilities for an ideal resort escape. Our excellent offerings include our famous 9 waves pool, double loop water slide, picnic huts, comfortable and relaxing air- conditioned rooms, wall climbing and teambuilding facilities, and a whole lot more.
Whether you are out to enjoy a revitalizing retreat, company teambuilding, corporate seminar, or a relaxing vacation with family, friends and colleagues, Ciudad Christhia Resort 9 Waves is your absolute holiday destination.
Getting there and around
Novaliches, Quezon City, Metro ManilaGet directions