La Mesa Ecopark | Things to do in Quezon City-Metro Manila
|Open:||Daily, 8am - 5pm|
|Address:||Novaliches, Quezon City, Metro Manila|
La Mesa Nature Reserve is called the lungs of Metro Manila because it absorbs around 3% of the total carbon emission of the metropolis. The reserve is home to La Mesa Dam, Metro Manila’s main source of drinking water. La Mesa Nature Reserve offers activities such as trekking, trail running, mountain biking (bring your own bike), birdwatching (bring your own binoculars), tree walking (an educational walking tour of Philippine trees), and tree planting (P250/seedling, inclusive of entrance). The entrance fee is P200/head, with 5 to 15 participants per group. Walking is still the best and cheapest way to explore La Mesa Nature Reserve. Travelers may get a tour guide for free; just book in advance. The guide will show you the various plant and animal species in the area, and their medicinal or useful benefits. With luck, you will be able to spot rare fauna such as the serpent eagle and the civet cat, which are also found here.
This first image of the Nuestra Señora de Aranzazu is said to have been brought to the Philippines by a Spanish captain from the Basque region aboard a galleon trade ship from Oñate, Spain, the site of an apparition of Our Lady of Aranzazu. The image is believed to have ensured the safe journey of the ship and its passengers despite being caught in the midst of a raging storm.
A state-of-the-art facility, the Iglesia ni Cristo (INC) Museum is a 46,098.54 sqm, five-floor museum building in Quezon City. The museum holds a detailed timeline of the religious group, a kid’s museum, and interactive displays. The museum took eight years in the making, its directors tapped experts and historians to be able to provide comprehensive information that will help people from inside and outside the religious group to understand INC.
Things to do nearby
- See and understand Paoay and the Ilocos region through the eyes of BJ Esposo Guerrero, the published writer, culture and history buff, story-teller par excellence, and well-travelled Ilocano behind “Theberntraveler” in social media, and his associates.
- His carefully designed tours are unique, giving visitors of Ilocos a genuine and almost-expert look at everything to be learned in the north, from architecture, local history, cultural heritage and the arts, and even food!
- Don’t miss his tons of interesting trivia and sharp witted commentaries – he has appeared on TV as well! All you get from his tours are real, un-sugarcoated, fun(ny), and straight-from-a-local experiences and insights you can surely boast of!
Learn the basics of archery and get to grips with unlimited arrows. DMZ Archery Range opened it's doors to the public on October 29, 2016 with a record breaking price of P199/hr, which was the cheapest rate for any archery range in the country. It was initially designed to cater friends and fellow archers who has the same passion as the owners.
- Take advantage of the sights of Marikina City, the Shoe Capital of the Philippines.
- Visit several museums; including the Marikina Shoe Museum that holds the largest collection of shoes in the country, Book cum Ethnology Museum and more.
- Spend the day at this interesting city of history and pop and take home custom-designed shoes specially made by Marikina Shoe Artisans and Shoe Designers.
Where to stay
Strategically Located at Block 114 Lot 5, Barangay Greater Lagro, Regalado Avenue, Quezon City, this hotel is a great choice for all types of travelers seeking comfortable accommodations. It has clean interiors, quality facilities, and amenities that guarantee a memorable stay.
Located at 35 Susano Road, Novaliches Proper, Quezon City, this hotel is a great choice for all types of travelers seeking comfortable accommodations. It has clean interiors, quality facilities, and amenities that guarantee a memorable stay.
Nestled peacefully outside the metropolis, Ciudad Christhia Resort 9 Waves invites you to enter a paradise filled with natural scenic landscapes and fun-filled recreational facilities for an ideal resort escape. Our excellent offerings include our famous 9 waves pool, double loop water slide, picnic huts, comfortable and relaxing air- conditioned rooms, wall climbing and teambuilding facilities, and a whole lot more.
Whether you are out to enjoy a revitalizing retreat, company teambuilding, corporate seminar, or a relaxing vacation with family, friends and colleagues, Ciudad Christhia Resort 9 Waves is your absolute holiday destination.
Getting there and around
Novaliches, Quezon City, Metro ManilaGet directions