D'Mall | Things to do in Boracay-Aklan
|Open:||Everyday, open 24hrs.|
|Address:||Brgy. Balabag, Boracay, Aklan|
D'Mall Palengke is one of the three wet markets in Boracay Island. Located beside Crafts Grocery, D'Mall Palengke comprise about 10 stalls selling fresh tropical fruits, vegetables, seafood, and meat. Here travelers will also find a few convenience stores selling softdrinks, snacks, toiletries, and dry goods. D'Mall Palengke is known to sell tourist-price produce, unlike the mid-range price of D'Talipapa, and the local-price of Talipapang Bukid.
If you plan to cook your own food on a regular basis in Boracay Island, Talipapang Bukid is the best place to shop. Unlike the tourist prices of D'Palengke and D'Talipapa, Talipapang Bukid's fresh produce are sold at local price. Items sold here include organic and non-organic fruits, vegetables, seafood, meat, canned goods, and kitchenwares.
The most photographed beach in the Philippines, Boracay's White Beach is an iconic tropical marvel in Asia. The sand is as fine as talcum powder, and stretches an overwhelming four kilometers. Walking barefoot from end to end would take about 30 minutes. The beach is roughly divided into three docking stations when boats used to drop off tourists along the shore. Station 3 is home to budget travelers and dormitories. Station 2 is the shopping center of the island, and is the most crowded. Station 1 is the high end and least crowded section of the beach. Farther away from Station 1, following the cemented pathway along the coastline will take visitors to Diniwid Beach. The most commercialized beach in the Philippines, White Beach swarms with tourists and establishments, from bars and restaurants, hotels and resorts, to dive shops and souvenir shops. This beach is also the gateway to Boracay's numerous water activities, the best of which include island hopping, paraw sailing, and sunset cruising. Major events in Boracay are hosted on this beach. These include the annual Ati-Atihan Festival (second Sunday of January), Boracay International Dragon Boat Festival (April or May), Halloween Party, New Year's Eve Party, and the monthly three-day Full Moon Party.
Things to do nearby
- Gear up for an epic day and night adventure in and beyond Boracay!
- Start the day by embarking on this amazing tour that will take you to some of the most exciting and breathtaking destinations around and beyond Boracay Island.
- Relax on a boat cruise, experience cliff-jumping, and try top-loading on a jeepney.
- Chill out on a calm river, enjoy a boodle fight lunch, and end the day by discovering a secret beach getaway with new friends.
- Party the night away with at least 50 other people from all around the world, get free shooters and special drink deals at every stop and make as many new friends as you want.
- #turnstrangersintofriends in Boracay as you and a party crowd discovers what happens on the island after dark.
- Crawl into pubs and shot your way to an endless and fun night with a diverse group of people from all around the world as you are being led by the resident pub crawl guide.
- Blurry and dark photos no more as a professional photographer tag along to make sure that the party is well documented.
- Get the chance to meet and party with 50 to 150 people in one night! Join us in this Boracay pub crawl to experience the tipsy side of the island.
Where to stay
The Tides Hotel Boracay, Philippines is conveniently located in the most popular area of Boracay at the heart of D’Mall station 2. This modern boutique hotel offers 60 newly renovated stylish guest rooms. Within a 2 minute walk, guests can easily access the beach or the main road where plenty of shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues are situated. Its on-site restaurant, KAON, is located at the roof deck serving authentic Filipino cuisine while its rooftop bar, SOLSTICE, is an overlooking swimming pool that offers a great view of the famous Boracay sunset. Complete with a spa and gym facilities, The Tides Hotel Boracay is your stylish best value Boracay haven located in the center of everything.
After opening its doors in 2007, the hotel has garnered several distinctions including the 2011 Best Beach Resort Hotel by the Top Brand Awards and the 2009 Consumers Choice Award for the Most Outstanding Luxury Destination Hotel. The Tides Hotel was also cited as one of the 44 Places To Go in 2009 by the prestigious New York Times.
A stay at The Tides Hotel Boracay gives you exclusive access to Epic Boracay, rated as one of the top spots on the island, where you can dine, drink, and dance.
Strategically located at Balabag, Boracay, Aklan, this hotel is a great choice for all types of travelers seeking comfortable accommodations. It has clean interiors, quality facilities, and amenities that guarantee a memorable stay.
Isla Gecko is a newly renovated boutique hotel, located in the heart of Boracay’s famous White Beach! With white sands and crystal clear water less than a minute walk away as well as shopping, dining hotspots and exciting nightlife, Isla Gecko gives you a front row seat to all the wonders that Boracay offers!
Our versatile rooms welcome all travelers from families to couples to groups. Enjoy an ice cold Caipirinha cocktail at Isla’s Gecko’s bar or relax with a book on the sunny hotel balcony. Wifi is complimentary to all guests.
At Isla Gecko, you’ll be in the center of it all and still tucked away from the busy hotspots just enough to kick up your feet and relax!
Our friendly staff is ready on hand for linen, towel and cleaning services and happy to assist you in locating attractions, joining tours and exploring other parts of the island.
Getting there and around
Brgy. Balabag, Boracay, AklanGet directions