Bulabog Beach | Things to do in Boracay-Aklan
|Open:||Open everyday, 24 hours.|
|Address:||Brgy. Balabag, Boracay, Aklan|
The most photographed beach in the Philippines, Boracay's White Beach is an iconic tropical marvel in Asia. The sand is as fine as talcum powder, and stretches an overwhelming four kilometers. Walking barefoot from end to end would take about 30 minutes. The beach is roughly divided into three docking stations when boats used to drop off tourists along the shore. Station 3 is home to budget travelers and dormitories. Station 2 is the shopping center of the island, and is the most crowded. Station 1 is the high end and least crowded section of the beach. Farther away from Station 1, following the cemented pathway along the coastline will take visitors to Diniwid Beach. The most commercialized beach in the Philippines, White Beach swarms with tourists and establishments, from bars and restaurants, hotels and resorts, to dive shops and souvenir shops. This beach is also the gateway to Boracay's numerous water activities, the best of which include island hopping, paraw sailing, and sunset cruising. Major events in Boracay are hosted on this beach. These include the annual Ati-Atihan Festival (second Sunday of January), Boracay International Dragon Boat Festival (April or May), Halloween Party, New Year's Eve Party, and the monthly three-day Full Moon Party.
If you plan to cook your own food on a regular basis in Boracay Island, Talipapang Bukid is the best place to shop. Unlike the tourist prices of D'Palengke and D'Talipapa, Talipapang Bukid's fresh produce are sold at local price. Items sold here include organic and non-organic fruits, vegetables, seafood, meat, canned goods, and kitchenwares.
D'Mall Palengke is one of the three wet markets in Boracay Island. Located beside Crafts Grocery, D'Mall Palengke comprise about 10 stalls selling fresh tropical fruits, vegetables, seafood, and meat. Here travelers will also find a few convenience stores selling softdrinks, snacks, toiletries, and dry goods. D'Mall Palengke is known to sell tourist-price produce, unlike the mid-range price of D'Talipapa, and the local-price of Talipapang Bukid.
Things to do nearby
- Gear up for an epic day and night adventure in and beyond Boracay!
- Start the day by embarking on this amazing tour that will take you to some of the most exciting and breathtaking destinations around and beyond Boracay Island.
- Relax on a boat cruise, experience cliff-jumping, and try top-loading on a jeepney.
- Chill out on a calm river, enjoy a boodle fight lunch, and end the day by discovering a secret beach getaway with new friends.
- Party the night away with at least 50 other people from all around the world, get free shooters and special drink deals at every stop and make as many new friends as you want.
- #turnstrangersintofriends in Boracay as you and a party crowd discovers what happens on the island after dark.
- Crawl into pubs and shot your way to an endless and fun night with a diverse group of people from all around the world as you are being led by the resident pub crawl guide.
- Blurry and dark photos no more as a professional photographer tag along to make sure that the party is well documented.
- Get the chance to meet and party with 50 to 150 people in one night! Join us in this Boracay pub crawl to experience the tipsy side of the island.
Where to stay
An idyllic sprawling 5,000 square meter property, Ralph’s Place is carefully laid out with native style houses, situated atop a mountain cliff 20 meters high. Every house within the exclusive private residential compound is surrounded by verdant landscaped and well-maintained tropical gardens, each offering a magnificent view of the eastern beach of Boracay Island on Bulabog Beach – hailed as Asia’s best kiteboarding destination. The hilltop location offers its guests and residents a front row seat to the beach capital’s glorious sunrise and moonrise, 86 steps high.
Welcome to Boracay’s favorite purpose built hotel on one of Asia's best Kitesurfing and Windsurfing beaches. Located on the beach, with a Kite School onsite and Windsurf School only 100m away, making Reef Retreat the perfect location for your Holiday.Reef Retreat is built to incorporate luxury with a native edge. Run by a British windsurfer and his wife, they have managed to combine accessibility to the beach without compromising comfort.
Strategically located at Station 2, Brgy. Balabag, Manggayad, Boracay, this hotel is a great choice for all types of travelers seeking comfortable accommodations. It has clean interiors, quality facilities, and amenities that guarantee a memorable stay.
Getting there and around
Brgy. Balabag, Boracay, AklanGet directions