Rizal Park (Luneta) in Manila | Things to do in City of Manila-Metro Manila
|Open:||Daily, 5am - 9pm|
|Address:||Roxas Blvd Ermita, Barangay 666, Zone 72, City of Manila, Metro Manila|
|Fee:||Free, with paid recreation areas|
Opened in 1930, Club Intramuros Golf Course is a historic recreational site located within the walls of Intramuros. It is considered to be one of the oldest golf courses in the Philippines. This 18-hole golf is both treacherous and challenging, with most of its holes include water hazards, out-of-bounds, or both. A game could last for two hours, a perfect quick game to pass time. The amazing lush greenery paired with the rustical walls of Intramuros offers a new perspective into the beauty of Manila.
Built in 1663, this gate played a huge part in big occasions and ceremonies. This gate is exclusively for the Governor-General and would be used for state occasions. The original gate faces the village of Bagumbayan, where Filipinos reside. The original structure was damaged during the British invasion in 1762 but parts of the present Puerta that we see today are the restored version that was built in 1780. More parts of the structure suffered wars and battles, especially during the infamous 1945 Battle of Manila. During the American occupation, some parts of it were refurbished into an aquarium and were also used as barracks during World War II.
This Baluarte played a major role in fortifying the defense of the southeastern end of the wall. Baluarte de San Andres was built in 1603 and it was designed to protect Puerto Real, the exclusive gate of the Governor-general.It was reconstructed in 1733, bombproof arsenals for gunpowder, a watchtower, and barracks were added. It was destroyed during the British siege in 1762 but rebuilt and modified again after the British occupation.It faced another downfall during the 1945 battle and was restored in 1987 to its current state. Today, it serves as a quiet nook for people visiting Intramuros. It is located just across the National Museum of Fine Arts, in front of the Manila Bulletin office.
Things to do nearby
- Experience this fun and exciting Siklesa joy ride in Manila with Lost Juan and his gang!
- Activities include food tripping in Binondo, sightseeing in the UNESCO World Heritage Site Intramuros, spotting BGC's murals and art installations, and touring the world-class Mind Museum!
- Revisit your history lessons as you stroll along the Manila's streets from past to present
- Discover the Philippines' tragedies, tolerance, and triumphant recoveries from colonial influences
- Visit some of Manila's oldest structures in Escolta
- Indulge in authentic Filipino dishes at Seascape Village for lunch, Manila's Seafood Paluto Market.
- Make your own miniature Intramuros (cut and build) while you learn about its story.
- Explore Philippine history through impressive collections of artifacts that date back from the prehistoric times up to the modern days.
- Spend the day touring the three building of the National Museum complex (National Museum of Natural History, National Museum of Fine Arts, and the National Museum of Anthropology)
- See ancient artifacts like the famous 'Manunggul jars', Anito carvings, and weapons that shaped the Filipino culture to what it is today.
- Marvel at the masterpieces by Juan Luna like the famous Spoliarium and the controversial The Parisian Life.
- Witness the taxidermied body of Lolong, the 20-feet freshwater crocodile that used to be the largest in captivity.
Where to stay
The Corporate Inn Hotel Manila has continually provided a top-notch service to get you everything you need- whether it’s for business, time off alone, or your loved ones we make sure our guests feel a sense of belongingness and experience an ambiance of “at-home” environment.At The Corporate Inn Hotel Manila, you’ll discover all the features you would expect from a business luxury hotel but with very reasonable rates. Our rooms and suites come with air-conditioning, LED TV, Wi-Fi access, as well as a hot & cold shower. In addition, the hotel also has a business centre, massage service, car rental, and ample parking space.When it comes to location, nothing comes close to the convenience we provide in ‘Fascinating Manila’. Popular destinations such as Rizal Park, National Museum, Walled City of Intramuros, the U.S Embassy, business districts, and entertainment hubs are all just short minutes from our hotel.So come and visit us here at The Corporate Inn Hotel in Manila, Philippines, where you will enjoy top hospitality and access to the best historic sites at immensely attractive rates.
The Mansion Group is a chain of serviced apartments owned and operated by Hotel Systems Asia, Inc.
The Mansion Group is proud of it's more than thirty years' experience in the serviced apartment industry, and aims to be the preferred choice for both business travellers and tourists
A 5-minute walk from historical Rizal Park, Casa Bocobo Hotel houses a cafe and a business centre. It offers rooms with a flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi access. Located in the Ermita area, Casa Bocobo Hotel is about 0.6 miles from the fort city of Intramuros. Ninoy Aquino International Airport is a 30-minute drive away. Fitted with tiled flooring and air conditioning, the contemporary rooms offer warm lighting. They are equipped with cable TV, a modern bathroom and a writing desk.
Casa Bocobo’s 24-hour front desk provides currency exchange and luggage storage services. Travel arrangements can be made at the tour desk. Drivers can park on-site for free. The hotel’s cafe serves a variety of local and European dishes. Room service is available.
Intramuros, located along the southern bank of the Pasig River, was built by the Spanish in the 16th century and is the oldest district of the city of Manila, the capital of the Philippines. Its name, taken from the Latin, intra muros, literally "Within the walls", meaning within the wall enclosure of the city/fortress, also describes its structure as it is surrounded by thick, high walls and moats. During the Spanish Period, Intramuros was considered Manila itself.
Getting there and around
Roxas Blvd Ermita, Barangay 666, Zone 72, City of Manila, Metro ManilaGet directions