Seashells and Shell Craft | Things to do in Parañaque City-Metro Manila
|Open:||Monday - Friday, 8am - 8pm; Saturday, 8am - 4pm|
|Address:||32 Sao Paolo Street, Better Living Subdivision, Parañaque City, Metro Manila|
La Huerta Chapel was erected in 1776 in honor of its patron saint, St. Nicolas de Tolentino. Also known as San Nicolas Chapel, La Huerta Chapel is one of Augustinian sub-parishes that sprung up in Parañaque. The structure is composed of adobe bricks with white paint accent outlining its exterior. It houses an antiquated brass bell that was once hung at its belfry, resounding throughout the community of La Huerta. In the past, La Huerta Chapel was turned into a barracks and ammunition storage by the Spanish army. Since then, the brick structure has survived two major reconstructions, one in the late 1950s and another in 1993. Today, besides being a center for afternoon prayers, the chapel hosts colorful community festivals such as Caracoles, Panisetos, and Sunduan.
Also called St. Andrew's Cathedral, Parañaque Cathedral is the first Spanish church built outside the walled city of Intramuros. The cathedral serves as a satellite to San Agustin Church in Intramuros, the oldest church in the Philippines. While it is named after its patron saint St. Andrew the Apostle, the cathedral is more popular as a pilgrimage site to the devotees of Our Lady of Good Events. The church was originally built of bamboo in 1580. The church's stone version was torn down in 1662, following an order for the demolition of all stone churches outside Intramuros. The church was rebuilt some 20 years later. Today, the cathedral looks contemporary after a major renovation in 2009. The Diocesan Shrine was raised to the status of a cathedral in 2003, following the creation of the Diocese of Parañaque in 2002 by Pope John Paul II.
San Dionisio Chapel is an old Spanish chapel famous for housing an image of its headless patron saint, St. Denis or Tata Dune. Surrounding the edifice are a belfry tower, a concrete platform for comedy performances, an aged tree providing shading afternoon congregations, and a mortuary. The entire compound depicts a distinctive sense of the San Dionisio community. While it is a spiritual sanctuary for the elders, San Dionisio Chapel extends its support to different communal activities, hosting cultural events including the annual Moro-Moro, and the biennial Sunduan. It has a long history of promoting civic campaigns and cooperative-sponsored programs, all in dedication to the residents' well-being and economic security.
Things to do nearby
Ang Huling El Bimbo is a story of friendship told through the songs of the most iconic Pinoy rock band from the 90’s. It is an original story that should resonate with people who understand how the powerful bond between friends shapes our lives. It will also be a nostalgic journey, driven by songs that have become part of the collective Pinoy psyche.
Read more about Ang Huling El Bimbo - A musical told through the songs of the most iconic 90s Pinoy band here
- Get super fast web access wherever you are in Manila and across the Philippines with a 4G WiFi device
- Enjoy unlimited mobile data use with a gadget that easily fits into your pocket and will offer a stable connection
- Connect up to five devices at once to one pocket WiFi sporting an extended battery life of 8-16 hours
- Enjoy convenient delivery right up to your hotel door — avoid the hassle of picking it up from the airport
- Enjoy classy dining and tasting flight experience where you can expand your knowledge and appreciation of California wines
- Indulge in the decadent flavors of homegrown California wines while learning it's origins from your guide.
- Learn in a relaxed and casual environment specifically made for tasting and sharing wine, jamon, olive oil, and other treats perfect for wine. The experience comes with several types of wine and food included in the package.
- Score wine products for your loved ones back home at a discount when you attend.
Where to stay
Oyster Plaza Hotel is strategically located near the airport terminals, famous entertainment spots such as City of Dreams, Solaire Resort and Casino, SM City Mall, Resorts World Manila, and many more. Our exceptionally friendly staff will always ensure that everyone enjoys their stay. We also offer free airport pick-up for all hotel guests.
A member of the Intercontinental Hotels Group, Holiday Inn Express Manila Newport City offers superb accommodation and modern amenities, including high speed WiFi, in an excellent location.Holiday Inn Express Manila Newport City is the smart choice for savvy business and leisure travelers who want to enjoy relaxed, value-rich and hassle-free stays.
- The hotel is part of Resorts World Manila, the Philippines' first integrated resort, with world-class thrills ranging from dining, shopping, gaming, cinemas, and live entertainment.It’s also a smart choice for travelers catching a flight at NAIA. They can walk to Terminal 3 via the Runway Manila bridge, or hop on the 24-hour scheduled free shuttle service going to Terminals 1 and 2. Cebu Pacific passengers even have the option to to use the satellite check-in services at the Resorts World Manila Travelers Lounge, making wait times for their flight more convenient and enjoyable.
A brimming landmark right across from Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3, Sheraton Manila Hotel is your gateway to experience authentic Filipino hospitality. Located at the forefront of the first integrated entertainment complex, Resorts World Manila, roadways leading to Manila’s business and cultural districts are a few steps away. Find the perfect space to relax in our stylish, flexible 386 hotel rooms that include suites, lofts and deluxe with private gardens. Indulge in both global and local flavors in our S Kitchen or opt for a fancy Korean barbecue dining in Oori. For the quick transit, enjoy a multitude of luxury spa treatments or stay fit while having a view of the huge resort-style outdoor pool. While you do business in Pasay City or Manila, kids can play and learn in the Kid’s Club. Set up your business hub in our ColLab co-working space and stage your events in our modern meeting rooms or elegant ballroom. Your travels are connected and inspired at our hotel in Pasay City, Manila.
Getting there and around
32 Sao Paolo Street, Better Living Subdivision, Parañaque City, Metro ManilaGet directions