Philippine Air Force Aerospace Museum | Things to do in Pasay City-Metro Manila
|Open:||8 AM-5 PM (Monday-Friday) 8 AM-12 PM (Saturday)|
|Address:||Andrews Avenue corner Sales Street, Villamor Air Base, Pasay City, Metro Manila|
The Heroes' Cemetery, more commonly known as Libingan ng mga Bayani, is a 142-hectare graveyard, landscaped with manicured lawns, large trees, monuments, and stone pillars. Interred in its grounds are fallen Filipino heroes, soldiers, patriots, statesmen, National Artists, and National Scientists . These include Philippines' past Presidents Diosdado Macapagal and Carlos Garcia; Vice Presidents Arturo Tolentino and Salvador Laurel; and other notable personalities such as Blas Ople, Fe Del Mundo, and Carlos Romulo. Built in 1947, the Heroes' Cemetery is dedicated to the brave men and women who brought honor and pride to the country, and those who died for freedom and democracy.
Like stepping into your grandmother’s attic, walking into Barangay Bangkal in Makati City offers unique vintage treasures you can’t find anywhere else. Comprising a whole barangay, Bangkal mostly sells secondhand furniture and antique, from beds, cabinets, and dining tables, to vinyl record players, typewriters, instamatic cameras, and rotary phones. Residential apartments in Bangkal are turned into makeshift thrift stores, where big items are displayed outside, and small items inside. Each store offers a variety of interesting junk from the past. Some smell exactly like your grandmother’s attic, some smell like a moldy library, while some, the collective smell of used, old shoes. Aside from furniture and outmoded technology, other stores specialize in selling secondhand clothing, bags, books, toys, paintings, old music and movie records, and a host of other interesting things.
Tapsilog is a savory,
hearty and greasy combination of tapa (dried beef),
rice), and itlog (egg). This is the specialty of Maty’s
Tapsilog, a popular
dive for both early risers who need a quick, hearty
breakfast, as well as
late night partygoers who need to grease their
partying hard. Even better than the tapsilog is their pork
chunks of pork are round, plump and juicy, and better
than many barbecues
in other cities of Metro Manila.
Things to do nearby
Ang Huling El Bimbo is a story of friendship told through the songs of the most iconic Pinoy rock band from the 90’s. It is an original story that should resonate with people who understand how the powerful bond between friends shapes our lives. It will also be a nostalgic journey, driven by songs that have become part of the collective Pinoy psyche.
Read more about Ang Huling El Bimbo - A musical told through the songs of the most iconic 90s Pinoy band here
- Get super fast web access wherever you are in Manila and across the Philippines with a 4G WiFi device
- Enjoy unlimited mobile data use with a gadget that easily fits into your pocket and will offer a stable connection
- Connect up to five devices at once to one pocket WiFi sporting an extended battery life of 8-16 hours
- Enjoy convenient delivery right up to your hotel door — avoid the hassle of picking it up from the airport
- Enjoy classy dining and tasting flight experience where you can expand your knowledge and appreciation of California wines
- Indulge in the decadent flavors of homegrown California wines while learning it's origins from your guide.
- Learn in a relaxed and casual environment specifically made for tasting and sharing wine, jamon, olive oil, and other treats perfect for wine. The experience comes with several types of wine and food included in the package.
- Score wine products for your loved ones back home at a discount when you attend.
Where to stay
A member of the Intercontinental Hotels Group, Holiday Inn Express Manila Newport City offers superb accommodation and modern amenities, including high speed WiFi, in an excellent location.Holiday Inn Express Manila Newport City is the smart choice for savvy business and leisure travelers who want to enjoy relaxed, value-rich and hassle-free stays.
- The hotel is part of Resorts World Manila, the Philippines' first integrated resort, with world-class thrills ranging from dining, shopping, gaming, cinemas, and live entertainment.It’s also a smart choice for travelers catching a flight at NAIA. They can walk to Terminal 3 via the Runway Manila bridge, or hop on the 24-hour scheduled free shuttle service going to Terminals 1 and 2. Cebu Pacific passengers even have the option to to use the satellite check-in services at the Resorts World Manila Travelers Lounge, making wait times for their flight more convenient and enjoyable.
Hilton makes its highly-anticipated comeback to the country’s capital after three decades. Strategically located along Newport Boulevard in Newport City, the hotel is adjacent the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3 and close to major commercial districts. Hilton Manila is easily accessible to the Manila Bayside via the NAIA Expressway, and the Makati business center by the Metro Manila Skyway. Guests can enjoy stylish accommodations, exceptional amenities, unparalleled dining options, and premier meeting venues, including an elegant ballroom for social and business events.
A brimming landmark right across from Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3, Sheraton Manila Hotel is your gateway to experience authentic Filipino hospitality. Located at the forefront of the first integrated entertainment complex, Resorts World Manila, roadways leading to Manila’s business and cultural districts are a few steps away. Find the perfect space to relax in our stylish, flexible 386 hotel rooms that include suites, lofts and deluxe with private gardens. Indulge in both global and local flavors in our S Kitchen or opt for a fancy Korean barbecue dining in Oori. For the quick transit, enjoy a multitude of luxury spa treatments or stay fit while having a view of the huge resort-style outdoor pool. While you do business in Pasay City or Manila, kids can play and learn in the Kid’s Club. Set up your business hub in our ColLab co-working space and stage your events in our modern meeting rooms or elegant ballroom. Your travels are connected and inspired at our hotel in Pasay City, Manila.
Getting there and around
Andrews Avenue corner Sales Street, Villamor Air Base, Pasay City, Metro ManilaGet directions