El Deposito Museum | Things to do in San Juan City-Metro Manila
|Open:||Opens 8 AM Closes 4 PM, by appointment (Tuesdays-Sundays)|
|Address:||29, 1500 Pinaglabanan, San Juan City, Metro Manila|
Built to vividly retell the historic and heroic lives of the Kataas-taasang, Kagalang-galangang Katipunan ng mga Anak ng Bayan (KKK), the Museo ng Katipunan is a museum dedicated to our noble Katipuneros, especially the Supremo himself, Gat Andres Bonifacio. Inside the museum are artifacts that immortalize the bravery and hard-fought victory that the KKK went through. There collections of bolos and itaks, the weapons of the Katipuneros, a display of different amulets known to prolong the life of its bearer, and paintings depicting the different scenarios of the KKK.
One of the biggest shopping centers in the Metro, Greenhill Shopping Center is a 16-hectare behemoth shopping complex that sports 1,600 tiangge stalls around its perimeter. Known as one Ultimate shopping destination, stalls in Greenhills sells from clothes, gadgets, to pearls sourced from coastal regions around the country, like Marawi, Lanao del Sur, and the coast of Mindanao. Greenhills established itself as one of the pioneer shopping malls in the country. It is also known for its cheap and bargain prices, variety, and size.
A small street in Mandaluyong City, just on the outskirts of mega shopping malls and business districts, lights up every Christmas season.Clad in twinkling lights and festive decorations, the whole stretch of the street transforms into a winter wonderland full of lights, Santas, and reindeers. The street became a major tourist attraction because of its magical decors. During daylight, Policarpio Street is a regular street with fair amounts of old and new houses.
Things to do nearby
- Lunch or dine on buffet local delicacies at the famous Guevarra's Filipino Restaurant
- Learn about Filipino Food and the best of Filipino traditions
- Have a quick tour of the old Filipino house and learn about its history
- Meet and greet the famous Chef Laudico Guevarra
- Get to the location quickly and easily with a convenient hotel transfer
- Challenge your haggling skills and sharp eye as you step into three of the must-visit shopping meccas in the metro!
- Dapitan specializes in novelty house decors and furniture that is both affordable and unique and they stock up on novelty Christmas decors during the holidays! Divisoria is the ultimate shopping destination for those looking to strike up an incredible bargain that will give you the most bang for your buck. Greenhills is famous for the replicas of high-end products that you can buy at a cheap price. End your exhausting day with a big bite of all Filipino Food buffet in Guevarra's Restaurant.
- It's true, Filipinos love a good bargain, and these mega shopping malls can attest to how fun, unforgettable, and unique shopping is in the Philippines. Strike up a bidding war and haggle to your heart's content in our Metro Manila Shopping Tour!
- Travel within and beyond Manila comfortably in a private coaster driven by a qualified and experienced driver
- Plan your own itinerary as your driver will recommend the quickest route to your destination of choice
- The coaster van is perfect for traveling beyond Metro Manila for convenient trips to places like Mt Pinatubo, Pampanga Trip, and Cavite Food Tour
Where to stay
Madison 101 Hotel + Tower is a hotel, transient, and event venue situated in New Manila, Quezon City. With 120 rooms and suites, we provide ideal living accommodations away from home. Madison 101 Hotel + Tower has 11 function rooms ready to welcome all types of events. Our facilities: The Manhattan Bar, Qups Quaters Cafe, Central Park Diner, business center, laundry service, courier service, money transfer, in-room massage, automated teller machine (ATM) and full service bank. We are a union between value for money and convenience.
As the third hotel property under the Summit Hotels collection, Summit Hotel Magnolia is a unique boutique hotel that showcase functional design starting from its elegant lobby, common areas to its stylish rooms and themed suites. It is conveniently located within the Robinsons Magnolia mall complex.Each of the 82 rooms are wonderfully spacious, designed to be relaxing and outfitted with stylish interiors, luxe furniture and vibrant artworks. Rooms feature upscale amenities like a 42-inch flat screen TV, free Wi-Fi access, premium bath products and high-quality linens. And true to form, our hotel’s service team is passionate and committed in providing personable service from check-in to check-out to ensure that you have a SUPER stay!
Getting there and around
29, 1500 Pinaglabanan, San Juan City, Metro ManilaGet directions