Araneta Center/Gateway | Things to do in Quezon City-Metro Manila
|Open:||Opens 10 AM Closes 9 PM (Mondays-Sundays)|
|Address:||General Roxas Ave, Cubao, Quezon City, Metro Manila|
Established in 1972 by sisters Mrs. Balboa and Mrs. Kalaw, Sining Kamalig Art Gallery in Quezon City is a creative hub for artists and people who love art. It has established itself as an institution in the art world and is considered the vanguard of contemporary art in the Philippines by gallerists, artists and collectors alike. Through the years, it has housed many aspiring and young artists, a podium and starting line for many starting artists, and most importantly, it became a place of celebration for people who share the same passion for art. Today, it hosts themed art collections that strengthen and recognizes art and the many forms it takes.
Art in Island Museum opened its doors on Christmas day, 2014 and since then it has been a creative hub for people looking to grow a pair of angel wings or strike a post while balancing themselves on a cliff. This 3D art place is made for selfies, pictures, and mind-boggling illusions that can make anyone take a second look. Famous for their murals that seem to come to life, and topsy turvy floor painting that is not for the faint of heart, Art in Island makes a perfect place to be with friends and family.
First opened in 1939,
this is the oldest bakery in Quezon City. They are
known for their
pandesal or Filipino bread roll; pan de suelo, the
precursor to the
pandesal, made with wheat bread and a little crustier than
pandesal; and eggpie
- a favorite of actors from the Golden Age of
such as Susan Roces.
Today, through its
energetic new owner, the journalist Wilson Lee Flores,
Kamuning Bakery has
also become a venue for press conferences, talks,
and other wonderful
gatherings. It is not uncommon to see not only
celebrities but also
politicians and even the President of the Philippines
visiting this space.
Specialties: PANDESAL, EGG PIE
Things to do nearby
- Bring your friends and family to the biggest 3D art museum in Asia!
- Wander around the museum's 12 different zones and interact freely with all the paintings
- Pose like a boss! Use your creativity and imagination to take the most amusing and memorable photos
- Catch the Art in Island's 3D Media Art Show - the first in the Philippines!
- Challenge your haggling skills and sharp eye as you step into three of the must-visit shopping meccas in the metro!
- Dapitan specializes in novelty house decors and furniture that is both affordable and unique and they stock up on novelty Christmas decors during the holidays! Divisoria is the ultimate shopping destination for those looking to strike up an incredible bargain that will give you the most bang for your buck. Greenhills is famous for the replicas of high-end products that you can buy at a cheap price. End your exhausting day with a big bite of all Filipino Food buffet in Guevarra's Restaurant.
- It's true, Filipinos love a good bargain, and these mega shopping malls can attest to how fun, unforgettable, and unique shopping is in the Philippines. Strike up a bidding war and haggle to your heart's content in our Metro Manila Shopping Tour!
- Experience your own dark whimsical fairy tale in this intimate hour-long show where actors lead you to explore a trippy dream-like world and play out a story that will surpass your wildest dreams.
- Descend into the world of Lambana where Filipino Folklore comes to life. Here, you’ll discover the heart and dark melancholy of stories that you have undoubtedly heard of before but never experienced.
- Meet the fascinating characters first hand. Share your story with them and they, in turn, will take you on a one of a kind journey through enchanted forests and mermaid infested coves.
Where to stay
Welcome to Novotel Manila Araneta City, a modern hotel in Quezon City’s business and leisure district and the first Novotel in the Philippines. With the Smart Araneta Coliseum right next door, the Gateway Tower Mall nearby and public transport (MRT, LRT and Araneta Center BusPort) on your doorstep, you are in a prime location from which to explore the city.
Start your day with a workout in the gym. End it with a dip in the pool and a massage in the spa. When hunger strikes, discover the flavors of the Philippines – as well as international favorites – at our restaurants. Satisfy your sweet tooth at our gelato shop, and head to one of our three bars when you want to unwind.
At Novotel, every guest is a VIP. Business travelers appreciate the close proximity to government offices and company headquarters, not to mention the hotel’s meeting and event spaces. Families love the kid-friendly atmosphere. Whatever your reasons for visiting Manila, you’re sure to find happiness in one of our 401 modern guest rooms and suites at Novotel.
It’s A Lot Better at Novotel!
Red Hotel is the newest 3-star hotel in metro with two properties to open soon.We ensure the affordability of the accommodation with high-level of the personal service that is at par with 5-star hotels, to go beyond and provide extra mile service to all the guest. Red Hotel boast of generous space and uncompromising luxury and comfort to its guests.We in RED aims to look after our guest’s every need, provide luxury service excellence with the goal of ensuring a lasting relationship. Red Hotel refines excellence and is designed for you.Come and experience the RED promise.
Safety, convenience and comfort – these are just but some of the service potentials is devoted to encapsulate as a true one-of-a-kind hotel experience in its class.Hotel 99 branches are situated in significant areas of Metro Manila that are within easy reach to available transportation such as the LRT and MRT. Hotel guests are being cheerfully greeted and accommodated by our friendly, highly trained staff.Our cozy, fully air-conditioned front office provides sufficient seating, cable TV, computer kiosks, and snacks and refreshments – a perfect place to receive guests and visitors. Wifi access is standard for easy access to the internet anywhere in the hotel. Not only one but two elevators provide faster access to and from the hotel floors. Exciting medley of rooms are available that suit every guests’ preferences and budget.
You’ll be pleasantly surprised as you find Hotel 99, a modern 10-storey hotel, tucked in Quezon City which is conveniently located near major shopping centers such as Gateway Mall, Ali Mall, Farmer's Plaza and SM Cubao. After a tiring day, come inside the fully air-conditioned lobby and instantly sense your exhausted feels and worries melt away. Let us to escort you to any of our 120 well-appointed rooms and be cushioned in our relaxed and inviting ambiance. Forget the time and the busy city. Stay a while and relax, feel like you never want to leave. No worries, you can always come back.
Getting there and around
General Roxas Ave, Cubao, Quezon City, Metro ManilaGet directions