Puerta Real and Revellin Real de Bagumbayan | Things to do in City of Manila-Metro Manila
|Address:||Intramuros, City of Manila, Metro Manila|
Opened in 1930, Club Intramuros Golf Course is a historic recreational site located within the walls of Intramuros. It is considered to be one of the oldest golf courses in the Philippines. This 18-hole golf is both treacherous and challenging, with most of its holes include water hazards, out-of-bounds, or both. A game could last for two hours, a perfect quick game to pass time. The amazing lush greenery paired with the rustical walls of Intramuros offers a new perspective into the beauty of Manila.
Baluarte de San Diego in Intramuros used to be a drowning chamber during the Spanish Period. It was built and designed by the Jesuit priest Antonio Sedeno in the late 1580s. Today, the baluarte is a bonsai garden that caters to tourists and social gatherings. Its main feature is the circular dungeon called Fort Nuestra Señora de Guia. Centuries ago, Baluarte de San Diego used to have a view of Manila Bay, and once served as a watchtower for incoming ships. It was intruded by the British Forces in 1762, and was later restored and fortified by the Spaniards. The baluarte was once again abandoned after it was damaged in the 1862 earthquake. It was completely destroyed in the Battle of Manila in 1945, and was restored from 1979 to 1992 for historical preservation.
The National Planetarium located in Rizal Park Complex is the perfect place for astronomy enthusiasts. The planetarium is equipped with interactive displays, glowing backdrops, and space artifacts. It also holds hourly shows inside its dome. The shows are about scientific ventures into space, documentaries about celestial bodies, and breakthroughs in the astronomy world. The dome shape of the planetarium allows its spectators to see the films in 3D and get the whole feel of being in outer space.
Things to do nearby
- Experience this fun and exciting Siklesa joy ride in Manila with Lost Juan and his gang!
- Activities include food tripping in Binondo, sightseeing in the UNESCO World Heritage Site Intramuros, spotting BGC's murals and art installations, and touring the world-class Mind Museum!
- Revisit your history lessons as you stroll along Manila's streets from past to present. (Read more)
- Discover the Philippines' tragedies, tolerance, and triumphant recoveries from colonial influences
- Visit some of Manila's oldest structures in Escolta
- Indulge in authentic Filipino dishes at Seascape Village for lunch, Manila's Seafood Paluto Market.
- Make your own miniature Intramuros (cut and build) while you learn about its story. (Buy this now)
- Explore Philippine history through impressive collections of artifacts that date back from the prehistoric times up to the modern days.
- Spend the day touring the three building of the National Museum complex (National Museum of Natural History, National Museum of Fine Arts, and the National Museum of Anthropology)
- See ancient artifacts like the famous 'Manunggul jars', Anito carvings, and weapons that shaped the Filipino culture to what it is today.
- Marvel at the masterpieces by Juan Luna like the famous Spoliarium and the controversial The Parisian Life.
- Witness the taxidermied body of Lolong, the 20-feet freshwater crocodile that used to be the largest in captivity.
Where to stay
Overlooking the South Harbor, this iconic luxury hotel is an 11-minute walk from landscaped gardens in Rizal Park, and 2 km from both the National Museum of the Philippines and Fort Santiago.
Featuring marble bathrooms with TVs, tubs, and rainfall showerheads, the lavish rooms come with flat-screen TVs, minibars and tea and coffeemakers, as well as MP3 players and free Wi-Fi. Palatial suites add extra rooms, and 1 has a private lift and helipad access.
There are 4 swanky restaurants, including an opulent champagne room, along 3 bars, and a club lounge with butler service. There's also a pool, a spa and a fitness center.
White Knight Hotel Intramuros located within the Plaza San Luis Complex of Intramuros Manila. It is nearby the historic Manila Cathedral with its detailed stone carvings and stained glass mosaics, the century old famous wedding area of San Agustin Church, the outdoor recreational area of Rizal Park boasting an 18-hole golf area, the showcase of golden artifacts at San Agustin Museum and the site of torture chambers and dungeons of Fort Santiago.
White Knight Hotel Intramuros has a total of 29 rooms. The hotel offers you attractive and comfortable rooms which include 4 types mainly the Deluxe, Standard, Suite and Executive Rooms. All rooms have private bathrooms, personal wardrobe, desk, telephone and free WIFI internet access. In addition, rooms come with all the modern equipments to bring the convenience and safety for guests, such as flat screen TV sets, air conditioners, menu tour, refrigerators and the other necessaries
The Bayleaf Intramuros is a boutique hotel in Manila, Philippines that promises contemporary luxuries and conveniences. Set within the walls of the oldest district and historic core of Manila, this iconic landmark in the metro offers a high-class city abode for any traveler. It presents 57 guestrooms that blend style and comfort to encourage relaxation. Each one has five-star beddings, a 32-inch LCD TV, Wi-Fi Internet, and spacious bath with rain shower. The hotel also affords ace facilities for leisure and business. This includes a ballroom, 5 meeting rooms, and 4 dining venues.
Getting there and around
Intramuros, City of Manila, Metro ManilaGet directions