Diocesan Shrine Of Our Lady Of Aranzazu | Things to do in San Mateo-Rizal
|Open:||Depends on Mass Schedule|
|Address:||Aranzazu Cor. Gen. Luna St, Guitnan Bayan 2, San Mateo, Rizal|
The trail mostly consists of long bike climbs going atop the mountain and going downhill straight towards the land area. Not only is San Mateo popular for their mountain bike trails, runners and racers alike have been visiting and joining running competitions held at the said trail. In addition, duathlons and racetrail runs have been constantly organized in the town of San Mateo. Most of these races and competitions were held for a cause, normally on the grounds of ecological and environmental benefits.
An impressive collection of travel artefacts, Book cum Ethnology Museum records Dominador Buhain’s adventures among the 273 countries he’s visited, and counting. The museum has six sections, two of which are the major ones, the Book Museum and the Ethnology Museum. The Ethnology Museum highlights well-preserved artifacts from the Cordillera Region, the same innovative culture that built the Banaue Rice Terraces. Meanwhile, the Book Museum showcases Buhain’s collection of books, magazines, diaries, and other quirky books, such as the smallest book in the world—it’s the size of a thumbnail (3.3 x 3.3 mm). The four other sections of the museum include the Embossed Mural, the Totem Poles, the James Jean Diner, and the Ladies' Dorm. Founded in 2013, the Book cum Ethnology Museum is owned and managed by Dominador Buhain, a restless traveler and an avid collector of memories and memorabilia.
Montalban was once a barrio of San Mateo until it became a separate municipality after the war. The Parish under the patroness of Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary was founded in 1871 by Fr. Eustaquio, a native of Pasig who was then called "Padre Quako". For about 140 years the parish of Montalban was served by twelve pastors until the present.
Things to do nearby
- See and understand Paoay and the Ilocos region through the eyes of BJ Esposo Guerrero, the published writer, culture and history buff, story-teller par excellence, and well-travelled Ilocano behind “Theberntraveler” in social media, and his associates.
- His carefully designed tours are unique, giving visitors of Ilocos a genuine and almost-expert look at everything to be learned in the north, from architecture, local history, cultural heritage and the arts, and even food!
- Don’t miss his tons of interesting trivia and sharp witted commentaries – he has appeared on TV as well! All you get from his tours are real, un-sugarcoated, fun(ny), and straight-from-a-local experiences and insights you can surely boast of!
- Take advantage of the sights of Marikina City, the Shoe Capital of the Philippines.
- Visit several museums; including the Marikina Shoe Museum that holds the largest collection of shoes in the country, Book cum Ethnology Museum and more.
- Spend the day at this interesting city of history and pop and take home custom-designed shoes specially made by Marikina Shoe Artisans and Shoe Designers.
- Explore historical landmarks and learn about the rich heritage of shoemaking
- Meet local shoemakers and artists/culture keepers
- Check Marikina’s famous kakanin's and local delicacies
- Get access to good shoe bargain and makers who can customized shoes for you.
Where to stay
Nestled peacefully outside the metropolis, Ciudad Christhia Resort 9 Waves invites you to enter a paradise filled with natural scenic landscapes and fun-filled recreational facilities for an ideal resort escape. Our excellent offerings include our famous 9 waves pool, double loop water slide, picnic huts, comfortable and relaxing air- conditioned rooms, wall climbing and teambuilding facilities, and a whole lot more.
Whether you are out to enjoy a revitalizing retreat, company teambuilding, corporate seminar, or a relaxing vacation with family, friends and colleagues, Ciudad Christhia Resort 9 Waves is your absolute holiday destination.
True to its name, The Leaf is refreshing sight to behold with its nature-inspired green wall architecture that blends with the lush environs.Low-density development • Eight 3-storey buildings with only 4 units per floor • Spacious common parking areaLandscaped gardens • reflecting pool • TSNC amenities & features (sports, dining, function rooms, etc.)
Strategically Located at Block 114 Lot 5, Barangay Greater Lagro, Regalado Avenue, Quezon City, this hotel is a great choice for all types of travelers seeking comfortable accommodations. It has clean interiors, quality facilities, and amenities that guarantee a memorable stay.
Getting there and around
Aranzazu Cor. Gen. Luna St, Guitnan Bayan 2, San Mateo, RizalGet directions