Pagburnayan | Things to do in Vigan City -Ilocos Sur
|Address:||, Vigan City , Ilocos Sur|
Buridek: the Vigan Childrens Museum (Mira Hills) a repository of Vigan’s cultural treasures designed to appeal to children for easy learning.
Filipino-Spanish Friendship Park (Mira Hills) feature a swimming pool and an amphitheater; gives the best view of the city and its environs; a favorite destination for picnics.
Kids will have a great time in this adventure area at Mira Hills consisting of a Zipline, Monkey Trail, Basang’s Ladder, Parallel Wire Cross and Ballong’s Crawling Net.
Where to stay
The hotel is making history with 26 beautifully styled condotel units within the FIRST Condominium Building built in Vigan City, Ilocos Sur. The units which range in size from 35 to 86 Square Meters (377 to 926 Square Feet), are classified as standard, deluxe, superior, grand superior and family suites, with separate living areas, kitchens and dining rooms.This boutique hotel offers luxury accomodations in a quiet residential neighborhood close to the historic Crisologo Street, Vigan’s main Plaza Burgos, the Public Market on Alcantara Street, the Convention Center, a host of restaurants and interesting commercial and historical sites.The stunning period-inspired building has Spanish-Filipino charm and well-appointed units which open to a lush tropical central atrium. An added bonus is a well-equipped gym and cozy dining area designed for the discriminating traveler.
The house was built in 1758 by the spouses Don Francisco de la Encarnacion and Dona Rosa Anastacia, both Mestizos de Sangley of the Pariancillo de esta Ciudad de Vigan. The house was bequeathed to Don Florentino Encarnacion, born on March 14, 1776 and was married to Dona Josefina Lucia on February 6, 1797. When Don Florentino died on April 14, 1821, it was bequeathed to Don Gil Encarnacion, born on July 1, 1800 who became Gobernadorcillo of the Mestizo Section of Vigan, 1844. He married Dona Roberta Singson de Mesa on July 30, 1832. The couple was blessed with six children, two boys and four girls, all born in this house. They were: Petronila, married to Don Vicente Romero Syquia; Tranquilino, married to Anselma Foz Prudencio; Castor, who became a priest; Angela, mother of Don Honorato Encarnacion; Juliana, single, who became a wealthy woman of Vigan; and Benita, married to Don Agrifino Singson. The house was bequeathed to Srta. Juliana Encarnacion, a business-minded woman of Ciudad Fernandina de Vigan and who owned many rice fields in nearby towns. She adopted some children and treated them as her own. Later, she gave them their own properties. When Srta. Juliana died in July 9, 1919, the house was bequeathed to Dr. Ramon Encarnacion. In time, he bequeathed it to his son, Atty. Ramon Encarnacion, who later converted it into a hotel named Fernandina Hotel. (Source: The City Government of Vigan)
After acquiring the hotel in 2007, Dr. Benito Purugganan, Jr. and his wife, Yolanda Guerrero, restored it to a modern hotel, yet maintaining the classic characteristics of a Vigan ancestral house. The original structure was L-shaped, with the west wing added during restoration. It being within the Vigan Heritage Village, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, CFH has been restored in accordance with UNESCO guidelines to preserve its authenticity as a Vigan heritage house.
Getting there and around
, Vigan City , Ilocos SurGet directions