Kamay ni Hesus | Things to do in Lucban-Quezon
|Open:||Everyday, 6am - 6pm.Open on holidays.|
|Address:||Brgy. Tinamnan, Lucban, Quezon|
Also known as San Luis Obispo de Tolosa Parish Church, Lucban Church follows the style of Baroque architecture with features of Corinthian columns and niches on its facade. Its interiors meanwhile are washed with colorful frescoes on its walls and ceiling. The church was established by Franciscan priests in 1578, and was elevated as a parish in 1595. Lucban Church weathered several wreckage from a fire, bomb, and earthquake, but was subsequently rebuilt thereafter.
A mysterious, nameless church in Lucban was bombed during World War II. The ruins, left untouched and grown with thick moss, was later converted into a public cemetery. The periphery of the cemetery marks the walls of the original church, which dates back to 1882. Apart from its adobe walls, what remains of the church is its altar's retablo, also made of adobe. Within the church walls, burial vaults are piled side by side and on top of each other, typical to a public cemetery in the Philippines.
Officially known as Minor Basilica of St. Michael the Archangel, Tayabas Church is considered one of the oldest churches in the Philippines. Ideal for dramatic weddings, the basilica is famous for its 103-meter-long aisle and its baroque-style paintings and murals. Unique to this church is the clock on its belfry tower. Tayabas Church was initially made of nipa, bamboo, and anahaw, by Franciscan Friars in 1585. It was only in 1600 that the church was built from adobe, but was destroyed by an earthquake in 1743. The church was rebuilt the year after, and then expanded in 1856. It was once again damaged during the World War II, and was reconstructed in 1966. The church was declared a minor basilica in 1988.
Where to stay
The development of Batis Aramin rooted from the childhood dream of Mr. Filomeno D. Valde. The property has been sold to the family when he was still young. It has become a favorite picnic place for his friends. It is a blessed land because old folks say that the place used to be the hiding place of the Holy Sepulcre (Mahal na Senyor) during the World War II. Fascinated by its green meadows, abundant vegetation, cool fresh air and its ever flowing crystal clear water from the spring called the ARAMIN, he decided to convert it to a resort.A pool and several cottages were built. It formally opened in the Easter of 1997. It was flocked by thousands and eager picnickers during its opening salvo since there was no resort in the vicinity. It was classified as Special Interest Resort by the Department of Tourism. Additional cottages for overnight accommodation were added in subsequent years. A 14-room hotel was built in 2005 and a multipurpose sports court was added in 2006. Air conditioned multi purp0ose halls were added. Several villas were also built in 2007.
Nawawalang Paraiso Resort & Hotel first opened its door in April 1985.
Through the years, Nawawalang Paraiso Resort continues to be one of Quezon’s favorite holiday, retreat and dining venues. With its alluring, pleasant and enjoyable charisma, the resort has been attracting thousands of loyal and satisfied guests. Dubbed as “The Lost Paradise”, it is living up to its promise as the ultimate place for fun, rest, recreation and romance.
Getting there and around
Brgy. Tinamnan, Lucban, QuezonGet directions